This is simply a wish list of functions I’d like to see in a Drupal contact management module. I may well be turning at least some of these into code if I don’t find someone else has already done it – in either case I’ll write a new post and link back here. Comments are very welcome.
- The ability to manage contacts who aren’t system users (as well as ones that are). Contacts might have only a phone number or snail mail address initially.
- Flexibility in adding custom fields. I anticipate the answer to this will be to use CCK.
- Fexibility in querying. Is there a way to generate views dynamically? I haven’t yet investigated. An interactive query builder would be ideal.
- Ability to raise an action (such as “cold call”) against a set of contacts and record progress.
- Per-contact action log.
- Flexible status indication with colour-coding.
(Yes, I do know about CiviCRM, and I don’t like it. It is so hard to customise it might as well be closed-source proprietary software, in my experience.)